I saw Fotobabble on twitter from @teryl_magee and @kditzler so I thought I would check it out. The account is FREE and it's very user friendly. So, what is Fotobabble? According to their site, "its the easiest way to add voice to photos. Its free - just upload a photo, record your voice and share!" Audio recordings can be up to 60 seconds.
Fotobabble could be used in your classroom to share information about field trips, projects, reflections about learning, and much more (see list below from their site with ideas)! The final picture with recording can be embedded on your blog (like above). Easy, free, and great classroom tool! If you think of other uses, feel free to leave a comment!
Q. What can I use Fotobabble for?
A. Anything you can think of. Here are just a few examples:
- Home-made greeting cards
- Talking postcards from your travels
- Review products, songs, movies, TV shows, anything!
- Citizen journalism: Reporting from the scene of something newsworthy
- Provide commentary on a photo found on the web
- Promote your brand, products or services (OR SCHOOL!)
- Narrate the story behind a special photo
- Adding a visual element to your poetry, drawing or music